T4 Editor For Visual Studio 2017

Devart T4 Editor is a powerful Visual Studio 2015 add-in for editing T4 templates with syntax highlighting, intellisense, code outlining, and all features of first-class text editor add-in for Visual Studio. It provides very high performance and makes creating T4 templates easier and faster.

1. T4 Editor For Visual Studio 2017 Download
  2. Tangible T4 Editor Visual Studio 2017
  3. T4 Editor For Visual Studio 2017 Free
  4. T4 Visual Studio 2019
Sponsored By

I've always loved the T4 text generator within Visual Studio. If you are looking for T4 within Visual Studio 2017 you need to install the 'Visual Studio extension development' option within the installer to access it. However, T4 development seems stalled/done and if you want to utilize some of it.

T4 editor for visual studio 2017 free

Devart T4 Editor (Size 2 MB) is a powerful Visual Studio 2015 add-in for editing T4 templates with syntax highlighting, intellisense, code outlining, and all features. In Visual Studio, a T4 text template is a mixture of text blocks and control logic that can generate a text file. The control logic is written as fragments of program code in Visual C# or Visual Basic. In Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 and later, you can use C# version 6.0 features in T4 templates directives.

There's a nice open source project called T4MVC that you can use with Visual Studio 2015 and ASP.NET MVC to create strongly typed helpers that eliminate the use of literal strings in many places. That means instead of:

T4MVC lets you write

Fast forward to 2017 and that team is working on a new project called R4MVC...it's a code generator that's based on Roslyn, the .NET Compiler Platform (hence the R).

It also lets you update your @Html.ActionLinks to be strongly typed, but more importantly it lets you extend that to strongly typed taghelpers, so instead of:

you can write

It's generating the URL for that <a> tag using the method and parameter.

Using an ASP.NET Core 1.1 app (2.0 is coming soon they say) I'll add the NuGet packages R4Mvc.Tools and R4Mvc, making sure to 'include prerelease.'

I'll run 'Generate-R4MVC' in the Package Manager Console.

There is a new R4Mvc.generated.cs file that gets created, and inside it is a whole bunch of classes based on the files on disk. For example I can type @Links.css, or @Links.lib and start getting intellisense for all my files on disk like JavaScript or CSS.

When returning a view, rather than return View('About') I can do return View(Views.About):

T4 Editor For Visual Studio 2017 Download

The R4MVC project also has Tag Helpers so their mvc-action attribute gives you strong typing like this:

T4 Editor For Visual Studio 2017

This R4MVC project is just getting started, but I'm sure they'd appreciate your support! Head over to https://github.com/T4MVC/R4MVC/issues and learn about what they are planning and perhaps help out!

What do you think? Do you think there's value in smarter or strongly-typed URL generation with ASP.NET?

Sponsor: Raygun provides real time .NET error monitoring and supports all other major programming languages and frameworks too! Forget logs and support tickets. Reproduce software bugs in minutes with Raygun's error tracking software!

Tangible T4 Editor Visual Studio 2017

About Scott

Scott Hanselman is a former professor, former Chief Architect in finance, now speaker, consultant, father, diabetic, and Microsoft employee. He is a failed stand-up comic, a cornrower, and a book author.

AboutNewsletter

tangible T4 Editor V2.4.0 plus modelling tools for Visual Studio 2017

Tangible

New Development Experience uses Visual Studio Code Editor, allows for Theme Customization, adds Debugging and more.

Visual

T4 Editor For Visual Studio 2017 Free

Quickly write your own .NET Code Generator via T4 Text-Templates (.tt-Files) with Intelli-Sense & Syntax-Highlighting. tangible T4 Editor comes with UML-Style modeling tools and can generate from diagrams, database schemas, xml, word, excel sources, or any other data source. Microsoft T4 looks and smells like ASP.NET - it is simple! T4 is used in ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework and DSL Tools. The Microsoft T4 Generation Engine is already built into Visual Studio, however Visual Studio does not provide an Code-Editor for it. That is why we created the tangible T4 Editor for Visual Studio. You can now accelerate your projects by adopting Microsoft T4 today and generate the code you need directly from diagrams, database schemas, xml files or other sources - Write less, achieve more.

For more information please visit the product website: http://t4-editor.tangible-engineering.com

T4 Visual Studio 2019